- Starting with a basic, lightweight top in either a solid, neutral or stripe is layering 101. Keep this under-layer fitted.
- Your next layer should be a soft cardigan or sweater and if you feel like standing out, it's a chance to mix in a bold colour to give the outfit more depth. If you're wanting to blend in, choose a more neutral colour, but still try to keep it different to the tee underneath.
- Next, grab your coat or jacket off the rack - and keep this colour basic.
- If it's a little chilly outside, add a woollen scarf to keep snug. During the warmer months, try a lighter cotton scarf.
- Add accessories are you are done!
- Oh, and don't forgot some pants.
My personal suggestions for layering is to dare to be different and try layering a shirt over a skirt with a pull over and ankle boots. If you're feeling a little "baggy" - grab a belt to cinch in your waist. Also playing with different textures will help to break up the outfit. See below for some cute layering items you can purchase online now! xx
Old friend denim jacket - markethq - $89
Cropped rib detail jumper - ASOS - $63
Striped dip back hem top - Bardot - $29.95 (on sale)
Peace faux leather pants - Princess Polly - $65